Cardinal Health™ Reinforced Gelling Fiber dressings are sterile, non-woven calcium/sodium alginates consisting of a high M alginate in a cohesive fiber construction. As wound fluid is absorbed, the alginate forms a gel, which assists in maintaining a moist environment for optimal wound healing and the formation of granulation tissue.
Highly absorbent gelling fibers wick and retain exudate away from the wound bed
Cohesive fiber construction facilitates easy intact/ one-piece atraumatic removal
May be used for the management of moderate to heavy exuding, partial to full thickness wounds, including:
- Pressure ulcers
- Graft and donor site
- Venous, arterial and diabetic ulcers
- Post-operative surgical wounds
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Cavity wounds
- Trauma wounds
- Superficial and partial thickness burns
- Can also be used to control minor bleeding in superficial wounds.
Dry eschar, third-degree burns, surgical implantation, heavy bleeding and individuals with known sensitivity to alginates.